Friday 11 November 2016

Our first book has been chosen!

Today we had a shortlist of books to choose from:

'The Graveyard Book' by Neil Gaiman
'Mister Creecher' by Chris Priestley
'Wintersmith' by Terry Pratchett
'Pink Chameleons' by Fiona Dunbar
'The Nest' by Kenneth Oppel and Jon Klassen

And the one we've chosen?  
'The Graveyard Book'

Here's what our BOOKClub members said about it after reading the first few pages:

"It's like a mystery and you've got to find out what happens.  You want to know what's happening after the toddler has got away"

"I don't know why, but I really like books where the bad guy is really dangerous, clever, and has got skill"

"I didn't pick it, but, the reason why I didn't cry about it is because I like the suspense at the start of the book.  I want to know what's going to happen next"

"I like books with cliff-hangers and it seems to be like this book's going to have lots of them in because this first page ends right on a cliff-hanger"

"You want to know if the baby dies or not!"

Let's see if Neil Gaiman's writing lives up to expectations!


No comments:

Post a Comment